Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting ready to give Furthur a major upgrade

Last Wednesday Cody and I doublehanded Furthur from the mooring field off Eckerd back to DIYC. We decided against doing the delivery the Friday before; as there were intense squalls, driving rain, lightning, and a 51 knot puff at DIYC. The breeze was out of the south, which would have made for a crazy fun ride, but possibly at the expense of breaking something. Instead, we sailed in 15-20 knots out of the Northwest, too tight an angle to hold the kite, but good "leaving SF Bay" Pac Cup practice. The last leg to DIYC was a beat and I finally figured out how to get the SC27 to depower and point: just keep adding backstay.

With Furthur back on the trailer at DIYC, I can sleep a little better not worrying about the anchor dragging. Also, my order of parts arrived, except for the cam cleats. Cody and I plan on going to DIYC tomorrow to start unbolting old hardware and mocking up the new stuff. It's no good in a pile on my desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment